MAKE A DIFFERENCE
GET INVOLVED IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT
CONSIDER SERVING ON ONE OF THE CITY’S
COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS
Applications Accepted on a Continual Basis
The City of Madera has several committees and commissions of local citizens appointed by Council Members. Appointees serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council and without compensation. Residents of the City of Madera are encouraged to apply. Click here for a list of current vacancies.
- City Council: (Elected Officials) The City Council meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month, City Hall Council Chambers, Closed Session 6:00 p.m., Regular Session 6:30 p.m.
- ADA Advisory Council: Meets as needed, generally on the third Tuesday of each month, City Hall Conference Room, 2:00 p.m.
- Airport Advisory Commission: Meets as required. For other Committees/Commissions, please contact the appropriate department.
- Beautification Committee: Meetings of the Committee are held as needed at a time and place ordinarily used.
- Civil Service Commission: Meets as required, generally on the second Tuesday of each month, Conference Room, 5:30 p.m.
- Development Review Committees: Meets as needed, generally on the first Monday of each month, City Hall Conference Room, 1:30 p.m.
- Planning Commission: The Planning Commission meets on the second Tuesday of each month, City Hall Council Chambers, 6:00 p.m.
- Traffic Safety Committee: Meets as determined by the City Engineer.
- Transit Advisory Board: Meetings are held quarterly in January, April, July, and September at a time and public place set by the advisory board.